Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wednesday, January 9

Journal - Do you use images from the internet? Do you site your images when you use them? Do you think you should be able to take anything from the internet without permission? Explain.

Yes, I use pictures from the internet. No, I don't cite them when I use them. I've never really thought about doing that, to be honest. I think you should be able to take anything from the internet without permission because if people are posting it out there for everyone to see, then why should everyone not be allowed to use it? Are you really going to have people ask you for permission before using something of yours that you posted to the internet where everyone and anyone can see it? No, that would be so annoying; both for the person who has to respond to the permission requests and for the person waiting to see if they can use that information. If someone is making something public, they shouldn't have to have people ask permission first. That's what makes it public.

No comments:

Post a Comment